Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Happy Cream Puff!!

After reading from Our Awesome Planet about Happy Cream Puff's newest branch, I made time to walk Buendia towards Malugay to check out the place.  


And I did...  

The smell of newly baked cream puff as I entered the shop really made my stomach jump... 

My favorite in their line up of products since 2006 are their eclairs.  I was looking forward to having the eclairs for my snack this afternoon and it was all that i can think of the whole time .... but there were none available during my visit... Disturbed by this fact, i had to quickly get over my sadness and choose something else.  So I did...

While waiting for them to inject the cream puffs with their ever delicious custard filling.  I had a quick chat with Maricel. She remembered me as the one who ordered boxes after boxes of eclairs and cream puffs and had it delivered in Shopwise Alabang.  They had a shop in Metropolis then and we held office in Shopwise Alabang during that time.   And I was surprise when she said my name as I left her store. :-)

I chose the Box of 10 assorted mini puffs at P180.00/box.

        

I just had the one with the crushed almond. The last time I had happy cream puff was Dec 2007.  And I can still clearly recall how the consistency of the custard filling feels inside my mouth.  And this was what i was looking forward to when i took my first bite.  It tasted the same but felt different.  So i chose another puff and tried to investigate what the difference is.  Its the vanilla bean bits.  These are dark dots that they mix with their fillings which can be easily mistaken as mold or dirt.  I think they put less now than before.  It used to be really visible but now i only saw a few dots...  

Anyway, Im on to my third puff...:-P

So did it make my day?  yes it did! yes it did! 

Did it make me happy?  yes it did! yes it did!   :-)


No comments: