Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Goodbye Papa...


I never really thought i would ever write a post from a memorial chapel. Using free wi-fi and while everyone else is trying to get a quick charge of sleep...

I turned 30 last sunday, and my Dad, turned to Him, also that same morning.

I tried asking him why it had to be on my birthday. And a lot of assumptions and theories came up. But this morning, as i spent time talking to him in my mind, the answer came, maybe there is no reason after all. It was just because he was bound to leave.

My dad is a friend. I love the fact that I can talk to him about anything under the sun. That he was a brother more than a dad. He was a barkada, more than a father. He was my life coach, my mentor.

I thank God for having to share my life with him. And as i said, the lesson is simple, Love Life. We had a great one together...

Although i think i had let go and accepted the fact that he's gone. Im bracing myself for the worse yet to come. The emotions will continue to pour out, and im sure tears will still roll down my cheeks every now on then for the next few years.

I love you pa. And im happy that i got to thank you and say this to you before you went. I am happy for your new journey.

No comments: