Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dreams coming true

For a 30-year old gal, I can say that i have dreams that already became reality. or at least close to it. I tell my friends that maybe, Im destined to die soon, since my dreams (or almost close to it) is one by one coming true:


As a kid I clearly remember dreaming of 2 major things:
1. to own a supermarket of my own; and
2. to own a Range Rover


Flashback to 2003 after I graduated, imagine my excitement to be interviewed for a position as an assistant to the VP for Store Operations of one of the biggest supermarkets in Metro Manila. And to top it all of, I get to go to the supermarket everyday since the office is in the supermarket! 6 years I served for him. I guess that's long enough?

When the President of a Motoring company interviewed me and only took 1 sit-down conversation for him to like me and hire me, I was more than excited to embrace the change and to hold office inside a car showroom and not just any other car showroom, but a Jaguar and Land Rover showroom!! The mere knowledge of why these cars are premiumly priced is already enough to make me say how much i appreciate this job. And I may not have bought myself a range rover, but i get to see it and sit on it as long as I want.. :-) that's good enough...

Now I am again faced to hold a position I have always dreamed of dreaming. Which is part of the dreams I had not as a kid but as a grown up and already working.

The big challenge is scary and stressful, I am sure, but the good thing despite all the fears, is that I am ready to face it and that I know that I can do it!

Now the more pressing challenge, is to get out of here and making the Boss understand my case and without him throwing me out of the office with curses.

I know I can do this!!




No comments: