Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy Place

happy place. The mental state achieved when one wants to avoid the unpleasant or uncomfortble. Everyone's happy place is different, and usually consists of the things that make them joyous.

In this world that I'm in. There are certain aspects of my life that sometimes gets too much of my energy. There is a need to have this "happy place" or should i say "places"...

Life is unfair they say. And they are right. It will never be fair. NEVER. You wake up early only to be caught in traffic and will cause you that tardiness deduction. You wait for that perfect partner only to find out the evil side of him after you get married. Or you save up on something only to realize that you never needed it anyway.

But what keeps you going during times like when you feel the world is ganging up on you? I always have my jars filled with "happy places"...
...palm drive in UPLB...
...basketball sa trancoville....
...rose garden and kubo in asin rd house...
..."jogging...jogging..." as 2-year old gykgyk goes around the lawn...
...ma-ddy, ada used to call me this...
...fantaluli...
...my dad and his Marcos stories...
...my OVPSO family...
...happy hour around metro manila...
...shutterbugs...
...Beach 81 in Palawan...
...Raising the mammoth...
...MCA and alabang days...
...swimming sa malamig na tubig ng antipolo...
...boracay at bagyo...
...road trip to tagaytay at mais...
...boses ni Papa...
...Unity is the best policy...
...4-diamond 4-ever...
...life and the box of chocolate...
...twister and waterworld...
...JRC and 1-14-94...

the list will go on... so is the smile in my face every time i look back and remember all these...

No comments: