Sunday, November 27, 2011

Diversity in Waiting

I have been to and from the airport for the past 3 weeks. From early morning flight departure to midnight arrivals. From NAIA terminal 1 to terminal 3. Domestic and International. I have "deposited" almost thousand pesos worth of fee in the Skyway toll counter and have collected loads of paper receipts from them in return.


I have always liked being part of that group that goes to the airport to pick up or bring someone to her or his flight. In the past this is almost always lead by my Dad plus 2 more from the clan.
And now, I am once again on the lookout for the arrival of the husband's plane to land here in Terminal 1. The difference now, is that im waiting all by myself.

I find the diversity really amazing: from all walks of life, commuters to long distance drivers, from BMWs to tamaraw fx to Sarao jeeps, are all here for the same reason: to wait for someone's arrival.

Everyone is on the lookout for text messages, or PA announcement.

I love that fact that each one has their own stories; Kuya arriving from Saudi or Ate arriving from a short trip to Singapore or Dad from a business trip in Europe, or a cousin based in the US and will be spending time to meet the kins.

As for me, I'm here on my own. Just got a text that the husband's plane just landed. And that will take another 30 minutes before he gets out of the airport from baggage claiming to immigration arrival stamping.

I guess its time to get out and start walking to the arrival hall....

No comments: